Licensed Mental Health Counselor Sport Performance Consultant
Kathy’s practice focuses on 3 key areas: counseling, sport performance psychology and education through seminars and workshops. Since 1998 her unique practice has empowered adolescents, adults, couples, families and teams to achieve greater satisfaction in sport, health and life.
Education & Affiliations
Learn more about Kathy's education and professional affiliations.
- MS, Nova Southeastern University
- BA, University of South Florida
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor
- Sports Performance Consultant
- American Counseling Association, Member
- Association of Applied Sports Psychology, Member
- Gulf Coast Mental Health Counselors Association, Member
- Talk to Me Toastmasters, President
- Blue Zone Project of Southwest Florida, Volunteer Facilitator for Purpose Now Workshops
For more information about our services, please contact us.
2180 Immokalee Road, Suite 216 Naples, Florida 34110 (239) 594-0900
- January 2008 – Present: Counselor/Sports Performance Consultant, KAF Counseling and Consulting, Inc.
- Over 18 years experience working with children, adolescents, adults and families
- Post graduate training in both pediatric obesity and sports and exercise psychology
- Specializing in anxiety disorders, behavior management, depression, grief and loss, parenting issues, pediatric obesity, performance enhancement, relationship issues, team consulting, and weight and fitness management
- October 1998 – December 2012, Counselor, Catholic Charities Family Counseling Center. Population included adults, children, adolescents, couples, families and parenting groups
Awards and Recognitions
- 2017 Women of Initiative Honoree
- 2011 AAUW Greater Naples Branch Women of Achievement Award
- 2011 Toastmasters International Competent Communicator Award
- 2011 Toastmasters International Competent Leadership Award
Additional Education and Workshops
2015: Applied Performance Psychology
2015: Florida Gulf Coast University, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
2014: Motivational Interviewing
2014: Collier County Conference on Aging
2013: Ethics and Boundaries
2013: Resolving Ethical Dilemmas in Social Work Practice
2012: Motivational Interviewing: Developing Rapport and Preparing People for Positive Change
2012: State of Florida Qualified Supervisor
2012: Florida Gulf Coast University, The Efficacy, Effectiveness and Dissemination of Prolonged Exposure Therapy for PTSD
2011: Harvard Medical School, Meditation and Visualization Practices for Everyday Living and Well Being to Enhance Peak Performance
2011: Core Tasks of Psychotherapy: What Expert Psychotherapists Do with Donald Meichenbaum
2010: Reality Therapy with Dr. Robert Wubbolding
2010: Certified Consultant - Association for Applied Sport Psychology
2010: Happiness, How Positive Psychology Changes Our Lives
2009: University of California at San Francisco, Advanced Clinical Training in Pediatric Obesity
2009: Institute for Natural Resources, Obesity. A Scientific Update
2009: University of Texas, Coursework for Certified Consultant – AASP
2008 / 2012: Barry University, Dr. Gualberto Cremades, Certified Consultant CC– AASP, Supervisor for Certified Consultant – AASP
2008 / 2012: IMG Academies, Dr. Taryn Morgan, CC-AASP, Supervisor for Certified Consultant –AASP
2008: Georgia Southern University, Coursework for Certified Consultant-Association for Applied Sport Psychology
2007: Parent Empowerment, Counseling Parents in Positive Child Rearing Practices
Want to Know More?
We bring cutting-edge as well as traditional evidenced-based theories into our practice. Contact us today to learn more about how you can remove barriers to your performance on and off the field.